Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God's Gift of Salvation


We are all going to die someday and the big question is; what happens next? God tells us in His Word that we have an eternal soul that will live forever. God also tells us in His Word how we can know for sure, 100%, that when we die we will go to heaven. There are 4 things we must know and accept to be able to go to heaven when we die.


1. We are sinners.



As the Bible says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). 

Sin is falling short of God’s perfection. Everyone has sinned many times in life. We have all lied, or stolen, or cheated, or done something wrong at some time in our lives. 

As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10). 

We are all sinners.


2. We deserve Hell.




Realize that there is a punishment for being a sinner, and that punishment is death. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). 

Not only a physical death, but also a spiritual death. The place of spiritual death is called Hell. 

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8).

There is probably no person alive who can say that they never told a lie. We have all sinned and we all deserve the punishment of Hell for our sin.


3.  Jesus loves us and died for our sins.


But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). 

Jesus willingly went to the cross, shed His blood, and died for our sins. He paid the price for our sins. He suffered the punishment that we deserve. When He was on the cross, Jesus suffered Hell for us. Hell is a place of total separation from God. When Jesus was on the cross, God the Father separated Himself from God the Son. That is why Jesus cried out “with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus was experiencing separation from God the Father. He was suffering the Hell that we deserve. He was paying for our sins.


4.  We must receive Christ by faith through prayer.



In order to receive the forgiveness of our sins, it is not enough to know that we are sinners, that we deserve Hell, and that Christ died for our sins, but we must receive Christ by faith.

 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8,9). 

Notice that verse tells us that we cannot earn our way to heaven. We obtain salvation through faith, not by works. Faith basically means to place your trust in something or someone. If you are sitting down while reading this, you are placing your faith or trust in the chair that you are sitting upon. Faith requires more than just an intellectual belief; it involves an action of your will. 

For example, if there were a pond covered with ice, and there were people standing around saying that the ice could hold them up, but they were not willing to walk on the ice, then they would only be demonstrating an intellectual belief and not demonstrating faith. However, if they stepped out onto the ice, then they would be demonstrating faith.

 

Placing our faith in Christ




One can place their faith in Jesus Christ by simply calling out to Him in prayer, for the Bible says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” I expressed faith in Jesus Christ by sincerely praying a prayer like this:

 

Dear Jesus, I am a sinner. I deserve Hell. Thank you for dying for my sins. Save me. Come into my life. Make me the kind of person that you want me to be. I thank you that you have and that you will take me to heaven when I die. Amen.”

 

If you sincerely pray that prayer to God with all your heart, then the Lord Jesus will come into your life and forgive your sins and save you from an eternity of Hell. And if you were to die tomorrow, you would go to heaven. Not because you are good enough to get there, but because you have received the payment of your sins. It is that simple as the following verses tell us. 

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:11-13) 

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

Jesus loves you and wants to save you, call out to the Lord and be saved today. 

Have you had your epiphany? You need to be prepared for the end times! Read The Coming Epiphany; Your Guide to Understanding End Times Bible Prophecy.

 

28 comments:

  1. I receive You Jesus into my life - my faith in You grows more and more every day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Verily, Verily,I say unto you! I have found you and I will keep you!

      Delete
    2. AMEN TO THAT THAT CHRIST SHOWED THE WORLD TODAY......IM IN SOUTH AFRICA GOOD BLESS ALL MAY THERE BLINKERS COME OFFFFFF

      Delete
    3. I am a sinner and deserve hell and I believe with all my heart that Christ payed the ultimate price with his blood for my sins so that I may have everlasting life. Amen,

      Delete
  2. Something is out there
    But What!!

    We will all find out one day

    If not ,then there Is nothing to worry about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and because He is so much greater than us we could not reach Him so He reached down to us to reveal Himself through the Word of God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

      Delete
    2. Yes. Amen. Thank you FATHER IN HEAVEN for reaching us throuh your son, JESUS CHRIST. Maranatha.

      Delete
  3. I use to be close to the Lord but somewhere along the way i lost my way. It's like he was at the door knocking but I could never hear him...until recently. I finally heard him. He was always there waiting for me to see a sign to bring me back to him. It feels good to have a relationship with him again. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back--"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you"

      Delete
  4. What a well written and pragmatic article! William, I complement you on your lack of sensationalism. Your sensible God-based thinking is a breath of fresh air. After all the things that have been faked in the last 10 years, I am starting to believe that this September will bring us something big yet the crooked ones will cover it up with something even bigger.

    I am prepped for certain survival in life or in death. I have a bug out location and a backup. If my primary goes, I'll see you at the backup! May the blood of the One who died for us flow cover also those who will seek him during these times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put all my trust to jesus or yeshushua many israelties call i feel every day my faith in yeshushua or jesus gets stronger knowing he'll be with me all the way through getting past the obsticles i need to be a true saint

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very concise Gospel message without adding what most modern mainstream 501c3 churches and pastors do these days. They always try to sneak in some kind of works of the flesh and pervert the Gospel of God's GRACE. May the Lord use it to win many souls to Jesus Christ. Blessings to everyone who heeds this message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an NDE due to a drug overdose. God transformed my residence and showed me the gates of hell. I renewed my faith and became a Born Again Christian. I have given up all vices and repented of my sins. I asked Jesus to forgive me of all my sins and to cleanse my soul and heal my mind and body. Call on the name of the Lord and you shall be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a Whosoever:

    God our Lord manifest Himself in the flesh, Justified Himself in the Spirit, Son of God Father who died, for our sins to be Forgiven, who lives to cleanse us of All unrighteousness. If we Ask
    He can and He will, He is Faithful and Just to Forgive and cleans you of all your sin.
    Jesus Christ only God and Lord
    Who create Souls and save Souls.
    Life and Eternal belongs to the Almighty Powerful Holy and True Lord Jesus Christ-
    Jeshua He loves All of You.

    Romans Ch. 5(8-11(
    Ephesians Ch. 2(1-22)
    John Ch. 3(16-17)

    1John Ch. 1(9)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have faith, trust, and belief in Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regardless of what anyone may say, when I gave my heart and life to Jesus , I encountered him in reality. By faith we receive, not by doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Lord Jesus for dying for our sins. I confess that I'm a sinner and deserve to be in hell for that. Please Lord save me, because you are the only One who can do that. Maran ata!

    ReplyDelete
  12. believe in the lord and you shall be saved the rapture is fast approaching you dont need drink and drugs there is another way to a high and happiness believe god bless yo all in jesus

    ReplyDelete
  13. If we know Jesus and continue to sin there are many passages that say we are not going to inherit the kingdom of heaven in 1 John 2:6 “whoever claims to live in Him Must live as Jesus did.” 3:6 “ no one who Lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” 5:4 “for everyone born of god overcomes the world” -meaning sin.. anyone who continues sinning does not know God and is eligible for judgement snd fire .. don’t believe the false doctrine that u don’t need to strive to conquer the world flesh snd sin. We are saved by faith in Jesus but that faith brings action of righteousness and loving god snd one another therefore not sinning! Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impossible to live without sinning. Sin is falling short of God's perfection. You and I sin everyday. So I assume you believe only bad sins will cause somebody to lose their salvation. So what sins would dam people to hell? The answer is none. Jesus died for all our sins. If you believe that you must keep from sinning to stay saved then you are guilty of a works salvation and are trying to earn your way to heaven.

      Delete
    2. @Root of Jessie - could it be that you don't know or have forgotten The Power of The Blood of The Lord Jesus Christ? The Precious Blood continues and is constantly cleansing us. We are and live in a sinful state. There is nothing we can do in our own strength to save ourselves. The Power of The Death, Resurrection and Salvation freely given by Our Lord Jesus Christ is ALL we need to be saved. The Lord Jesus "finished it" on the cross. And as I said, He and His Precious Blood continually cleanse us. Our part is to remain or abide in Him by prayer and reading The Word. Those are not works - those are activities that Holy Spirit reminds us and our hearts will gladly do as we grow in our relationship with The KING of kings and LORD of lords!

      Delete
  14. We cannot be saved by a simple sinners prayer.

    We are saved by the Gospel of salvation in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

    Faith comes by hearing, hearing the word of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

      2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

      3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

      4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

      8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

      For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

      That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

      Delete