Just a few things in the news recently that caught my attention and I wanted to comment on:
I was reading in my devotions the other day and I randomly turned to Isaiah 19 and felt that this prophecy was very similar to what is going on in Egypt--remember prophecies can have more that one fulfillment.
1. The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
2. And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
3. And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
4. And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts.
5. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
6. And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither.
7. The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more.
8. The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9. Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
2. The Deadly Storms in the USA
On Wednesday April 13, 2011 the USA made some statements regarding Israel and the Palestinian State.
Hillary said, "The status quo between Palestinians and Israelis is no more sustainable than the political systems that have crumbled in recent months," she said, saying the only way to meet both people's aspirations was through a two-state solution.
"And while it is a truism that only the parties themselves can make the hard choices for peace, there is no substitute for continued, active American leadership -- and the president and I are committed to that," Source: Haaretz
Starting the next day-- from April 14-16, 2011--there was a record breaking deadly round of storms in the USA with 241 tornadoes and at least 44 dead. My prayers are with them--may many turn to the Lord.
3. The Fire Sacrifice
From April 19 to May 1 is the traditional time for satan and his minions to have a fire sacrifice. Last year it was the Gulf oil fire. In years past it was Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing, and Columbine to name a few. Wonder what it will be this year? Phoenix, War with Iran, Yellowstone, a big building demo, an offshore nuke, or a China syndrome at Fukushima? I hope nothing happens. Might want to watch out for Bushehr in Iran--it is supposedly to be starting up in May 2011.
I believe that as we get closer to the return of the Lord destructive forces will increase in frequency and intensity.
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27